The transition is in full swing between the old and the new, and many showrooms are already open for business at the NEW design center at 1099 14th Street NW:
I got my first chance to go there a couple weeks ago, and it was so exciting to see new space, new windows, new light—and tons of new energy permeate the place. So I’m going to share a few photos with you, along with the most pertinent information — who is open and where — down below.
In the meantime, SAVE THE DATE for the big opening party on Nov. 12.
Now for the stuff you need to know:
- The design center occupies floors 2, 3 and 4
- To access the showrooms currently, you’ll need someone from the property management office in the lobby to show you up. The office is just to the right of the security desk. As soon as all the construction is complete (they estimate early October), those floors will become fully accessible.
- Parking is in the garage on the L Street side of the building.
- While construction is ongoing, Scalamandre occupies space on the Concourse Level. Once it’s done, they’ll move up to their permanent space at suite 210.
- Holly Hunt will eventually occupy two levels, with a street-side entrance and stairs to the second floor. They will first move into the existing Armed Forces Recruiting office on the street level by Nov. 1, and then begin phase two of construction linking the two floors.
- Official signage goes up on the building’s exterior by Sep. 30.
Here’s a directory of showrooms and where you can find them. Showrooms in RED indicate they are already open.
- First Floor:
- Holly Hunt
- Second Floor:
- Holly Hunt
- J. Lambeth & Co./ Niermann Weeks
- Fabricut @ J. Lambeth
- Scalamandre (now, temporarily, on Concourse Level)
- Kravet/ Lee Jofa/ Brunschwig & Fils (opening Monday, Sep. 15)
- Romo Fabrics
- Century Furniture
- Third Floor:
- Schumacher/ Patterson Flynn & Martin
- Doris Leslie Blau
- Osborne & Little
- Cowtan & Tout
- AmericanEye/ Brown Jordan
- Galleria Carpets & Rugs
- Fourth Floor
- Hines & Company/ Edward Ferrell + Lewis Mittman
- Stark Carpet
- Holland & Sherry/ J. Asher Carpet Couture
- Robert Allen
- Arc | Com
I hope this helps as you navigate your way from the government-agency jungle in Southwest to the much more urbane neighborhood near Franklin Square in Northwest. The staff in the property management office are WONDERFUL — they are really excited the design center is arriving and are eager to help. Visit soon!